List:       solr-user
Subject:    RE: Newbie SolR - Need advice
From:       "David Quarterman" <david () corexe ! com>
Date:       2013-07-03 10:04:24

Hi Fabio,

Sandeep is right - it'll take time. SOLR isn't straightforward when you first start \
out but the tutorial is the best first step. You can then adapt the various config \
files in the tutorial to adapt to your situation. I'd recommend a simple approach to \
get the hang of it and just index one table, specifying some fields to be searched in \
the schema.xml.

There are some good books around too (Sandeeps's recommendation on Lucidworks is good \
too). Apache Solr 3.1 Cookbook by Rafal Kuc (still valid for 4.x.x), Jack Krupansky's \
Solr 4.x Deep Dive - Early Access Release, Solr In Action by Trey Grainger & Tim \
Potter.

If you need help, shout! It's a great community.

Cheers, DQ