List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Coding on Quanta
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2009-12-09 1:20:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 07 December 2009 21:25:35 Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for putting effort into this. Hopefully we will find someone!
> You should also write a blog entry...
>
> One more thing to add: Milian is also actively contributing to php and so
>  many other things quanta uses (php-docs, genericprojectmanager, kate,
>  kdevplatform)

Yeah, I do all those things. And I do them for fun. Imo getting money for it
would only impose some kind of necessity on me. I love the freedom I have
right now, i.e. that I can spent some days hacking on Cantor without anybody
telling me what to do.

I wanted to start hacking on Quanta some months ago, but I never get around to
it. I blame the lack of _personal_ need for it. Back when I used Quanta
extensively the killer-features where PHP autocompletion and documentation,
all things that I have in KDevelop now.

Don't get me wrong: I do see a need for a UI that fits for webdevelopment *out-
of-the-box*. And greatly so. But I myself don't have such a huge need for it,
esp. considering that I now my way around configuring KDevelop. I nowadays
think I have my time better spent with hacking on some core-libs that help
everybody.

So no, I don't think I'd be the right one to accept this money. Spent it on
somebody new that wants to actively push Quanta.

Even if I maybe finally do find some time for hacking on Quanta: Let's first push
PHP + PHP-Docs to extragear! Then improve the new Css plugin, create a MySQL
and a JavaScript plugin. Finally interwine them all and provide the best
editor components for webdevelopment _ever_ ;-)

Cya

PS: To any Quanta developer: You are of course also gladly welcome at the
Kwrite/Kate/KDevelop meeting in feburary 2010 in Berlin. If you are interested
and want to come as well, contact me, either by mail or IRC.
--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de