List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Quanta4 project support progress
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-21 21:56:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

 I recently started to write the new project management plugin for
Quanta4, which uses KDevPlatform.
 This is just a quick update about this. The plugin is called
QuantaProjectFileManager (why? because it follows the KDevPlatform
naming, where such plugins are called IProjectFileManager). Right now
it can read a KDevelop4 project file which specifies that the project
is a Quanta project. Such a file looks like:
[Project]
Manager=QuantaProjectFileManager

So just create e.g a test.kdev4 with the above content to have a Quanta4
project file.

The above lines mean that this project can be opened using
QuantaProjectFileManager. QuantaProjectFileManager itself tries to find
a file with the same name, but .webprj extension, in the above example
it will look for test.webprj.

The .webprj file is a Quanta3 project file. I didn't want to change the
syntax of it and probably won't change until it is absolutely needed.

QuantaProjectFileManager right now can load the "item" entries from
the .webprj file, which means that if you load such a project inside
Quanta4, you will see the list of files belonging to the project in the
Project Manager view, and from there you can open them in the editor
area.
 Soon I will implement the project management features (add/remove items
for example).

Andras