List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] askSam/TWiki Hybrid Clone Project
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2005-09-22 19:36:12

On Thursday 22 September 2005 9:42 am, Randy Kramer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> (Note: I'm crossposting this to both quanta-devel and kwrite-devel (and my
> local lug).  I've already written to quanta-devel (and my local lug) about
> some parts of this project.  This post hopefully provides some background
> useful to anybody trying to answer my questions, and also includes some
> questions, some that are more applicable to kate and some that are more
> applicable to quanta, imho.  After this initial cross post, I intend/hope
> to deal with the kate related questions on the kwrite list and the quanta
> related questions on the quanta list.  Help from any source will be
> appreciated.) ;-);-)
>
> I apologize for the length of this post.
>
> Finally, in case this is too confusing, I'll post individual questions
> (appropriate to each list) in a few days.

I just don't have time for posts like this. A far better approach is to simply
state what feature you're looking for and ask how to do it. Folding markers
can be configured in Kate and as I said it is easy to manage what you want to
do with extracting text and processing for preview with scripting, but most
likely you are best off to simply duplicate your server configuration
locally. I am not familiar with the specifics of what you're doing, but most
of it is going to be superfluous to the solution.

So far you're on a developer list asking if it can be done and how it can be
done and restating what you're doing. We told you it can be done, and pointed
you to the easiest solutions that are least likely to create headaches for
you. You can do it the easy way or the hard way, but you should take our
suggestions and put some effort into them instead of asking the same question
over. Your working on a solution will lead to a whole new list of questions.
Let's be more efficient. Try working with the solutions we provide _or_
explain why they are inadequate (or what was wrong with your question) before
asking more questions.

We're happy to answer questions as long as you use our developer resources
with regard. That means maximize your effort and minimize ours.

Eric