List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Help With Getting Source Code (bunzip2,
From:       Randy Kramer <rhkramer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-21 15:40:10

Thanks for your prompt responses!

I'm going to spend some time digging into quanta, dcop, and kate and then I'll
surely have some more questions / responses, but I have two "quick" (off the
top of my head) questions:

1. I've seen somewhere recently (but probably in some archives--and I don't
have the reference at the moment--if I find it I'll forward it) that dcop may
go away in qt/kde4 (maybe that's only for specific applications?), to be
replaced by something called dbus (iirc).  On the assumption that I'll want
to migrate to qt/kde4 when it is released/more widely available, am I wasting
my time with dcop?

Oops, wait, here it is, a post on kde-devel from yesterday (20050920):

<quote>
Re: Dcop and KDE4