List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] knewstuff
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-09-15 17:04:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I tried to use knewstuff to download something in Quanta. So far it is working
fine. :-)
The only flaw is that after I select the menu entry Quanta needs some time
until the dialog pops up and in this time the gui is active. I was not sure
if something is happening and just tried another knewstuff menu entry. The
result was that I got two dialogs and after I quit the top one the other was
a zombie and could not be closed. I had to kill Quanta.

Is there a way to block the userinterface, so that this can not happen? I do
not know what is happening in Quanta but I noticed that downloading new
backgrounds for the desktop is much faster in popping up.

Jens