List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] table editor flaws
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-09-14 14:49:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

just played with the table editor and found this:

- create a table with 1 row and 2 columns.
- merge the two cells
- delete the second column

The result is a table with 1 row and 2 columns despite the fact that I just
deleted a column!
The editor does not handle the rowspan correctly when I remove a column that
is inside of merged cells :-(

I have more fun with cell merging:
- create a 3 x 3 table
- merge 1/2 and 2/2
- delete the second row
- hit OK and open the table again in the editor

Hoppla, I get a 2 x 4 table with still merged cells. I think it is the same
bug as before.

OK, here one more:
- create a 1 x 1 table and remove the column
- hitting OK creates the correct structure
- invoke the editor again and add a column
- hit OK and no column was added :-(

Want to merge more? Better not!
- create a 2 x 2 table and merge the first row
- hit OK and open the editor again, everything is fine
- select the second column and merge it
- hit OK and the code looks fine
- open the editor again and see that the merge was lost
- hit OK and see what the editor creates

A variant of this is:
- create a 2 x 2 table and merge all cells
- hit OK and open again
- the second row is not merged anymore

Actually I wanted to find out when Quanta crashes during deleting of a column
but this is also quit impressive ;-)

Jens