List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] cpu spike after closing of project properties
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-22 17:07:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 22 August 2005 15:07, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi Andras,

> > > Writing out the XML and loading again?
> >
> > no impossible, because Quanta 3.4 does not have it.
>
> the reason is that you scan all files of the project for annotations
> after you save the project settings. Is this necessary?

No. Should be done only on loading (first time).

> Some more questions to this:
>
> You read the files line by line but limit the line length to 2000,
> why? AFAIK does the next read continue where the previous stopped. In
> case you have a line longer than 2000 character you would mix up your
> line counting.
I don't think it will continue with the same line. And you must specify
an end. For me 10000 is fine as well. ;-)

> What is the meaning of the syntax with the round brackets? If I write
> something like "@annotation(" I get nothing behind the opening
> bracket. Is this wanted? And do you really need the ':' behind the
> closing bracket?

This is what I'm working on. Somethine like:
<!-- @annotation(from:jens,to:andras)
  some annotation
-->

> The scan of the files only scans one line, so that something like
>
> 	<!-- @annotation
> 		this is my first annotation
> 	-->
>
> would display nothing. Is this wanted?

Yes, as it would be too complicated to find the end of the annotation.
You'd have to parse all files completely. But at least this will notify
you that there is an annotation in that file.

Andras