List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] xdebug watch support
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-08-10 15:09:49

Hi!

Thanks for this report,

setting variable contents is on the todo (if XDebug supports it, I havent
checked yet).

Ill also try to figure out a good way to display multiline variables.

I'm a bit concerned about breakpoints (and I assume he means line breakpoints,
because xdebug doesent support conditional ones yet), it just doesent stop i
assume?

Has he tried on a number of lines, because sometimes xdebug executes on
strange line. ie, on a statement like

$var = Array(
	'somekey' => 123,
	'someotherkey' => "hundratjutre"
);

I might not pause (and be breakpointable) on the first line, but on the
second. (as youll see if you single step through it).

But if he has a simple statement like:

echo "abc";

of course the above isnt the problem here.

If he could ellaborate a bit, I'd be happy.

About the local part, does it mean he has only tested locally or that it didnt
work remotely?

/Linus