List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: Using KDOM in Quanta
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-06-06 16:14:13

Hi Andras,

On Saturday 04 June 2005 16:48, Andras Mantia wrote:
> 1b) if a special area was found, a tag is constructed with the entire
> special area, which will be parsed later for functions, structures and
> so on. Of course in order to construct it, a non-detailed special area
> parsing has to be done to find the end of the special area.
> The special area tag is inserted then at the correct position.
>
> 2) all XML tags are searched again for special areas in their attribute
> values and special area tags are constructed if they were found.
>
> 3) all the special area tags are parsed in detail.
>
> The above is valid when reparsing the whole document. In case of
> typing/pasting, first we try to find out the are which was really
> changed, remove the tags belonging to this area from the node tree,
> parse the changed area according to the above rules and finally insert
> the new (partial) node tree into the existing tree.

Thanks for the info.

Now the questions:
- Couldn't we separate the parsing of special areas from HTML/XML?
This way we would just search the document for special areas and save the
functions, structures, etc info.
- Do the special area info needs to be associated with a tree/nodes?

--
Paulo Moura Guedes

Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org
KDE Web Development - http://kdewebdev.org