List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta update
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-04 11:48:14

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Werner Joss
<werner@hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 4. November 2012, 11:52:49 schrieb Niko Sams:
>> > looks good - can these be installed on kubuntu 12.04/kde 4.9.2 without
>> > building half of kde from source ?
>>
>> KDevelop depends on kdelibs 4.5 - so that you can build for sure.
>
> kdelibs is version 4.8.5, here
>
>> There is also a version of KDevelop shipped with kubuntu - though I
>> don't know which
>> version.
>
> kdevelop is 4.3.1
>
>> Which plugins would you like to use?
>
> everything php-related, plus upload plugin, would fit most of what I need (I
> don't do fancy html/css stuff..)
> so, would this be possible with install kdevelop / c++ build chain from apt,
> then pull the plugins from git (which is not my friend :) ) and compile just
> these ?

simply install kdevelop and kdevelop-php and you have the perfect web
development IDE.
(4.3.1 will do)

The upload plugin you need to compile manually; see here:
http://userbase.kde.org/KDevelop4/Manual/Appendix_A:_Building_KDevelop_from_Sources
similar prodedure for plugins...

However make sure you use a compatible branch.

example:
mkdir kdevgit
cd kdevgit
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kdev-upload
cd kdev-upload
git checkout -b 1.3 origin/1.3
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/kdevelop4 ..
make && make install
# the following line is needed so that kbuildsycoca4 finds all .desktop files
export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop4:/usr
kbuildsycoca4

you need -dev packages installed.

you can also ask for help on irc in #kdevelop.

cheers,
Niko