List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] OT: Aptana, was Re:  Time to Move On
From:       Brandon Sussman <brandon () wrweb ! net>
Date:       2011-12-24 21:57:00

On 24.12.2011 13:39, Jim Fuqua wrote:
> I agree both that it is unfortunate that Quanta Plus is in its
> current state and that it is time to move on.

I came to that conclusion quite some time ago but try as I might, I
just couldn't find anything close to as good.

Until Aptana3/Eclipse Indigo

> regarding Aptana 3, today I downloaded it for
> a tryout.  For me marking the beginning and ending of { } [ ] and ( )
> is essential and Kate's ability to change the background color of the
> contents between them is even better to emphasize the structure.  I
> hope Aptana 3 can be configured to give the same functionality.

Did that out of the box for me...

A3 takes some getting used to, it is very complex.

1. I have not found the "turn it into coments" yet
2. Coloration as well as some other editor settings was an issue.
3. Multipane complexity requires effort to learn.
4. Workspace/Project structure requires some thinking - I am between
"single project wprkspaces and multi

I continue to monitor, hoping Q+ re-awakens.

It took me a long time, waiting for Eclipse to improve and Aptana to
mature a little.  But I think it is very good now.

--Brandon