List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Installing Quanta
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2011-12-23 15:22:22

On Tuesday 20 December 2011 03:46:31 Billie Walsh wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck installing Quanta in Kubuntu 11.10?
>
> I had it installed on 11.04 but the upgrade deleted it for me *<]:o(

that is because (k)ubuntu dropped support for qt3/kde3 recently (as most other
distros, too, btw.)

> I downloaded the source files but I have no luck with doing installs
> that way. There's something about the method that I just don't understand.

oh well, installing qt3/kde3 stuff from source is no more that easy :)
(issues with auto* stuff, compiler etc.etc...).
but there is an alternative: trinity - http://www.trinitydesktop.org/
- this project keeps kde3 alive for major distros.
unfortunately, the repository servers are currently down, so you will have to
wait until this is fixed, if you want to try it.

werner