On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:58:54 +0100 Niko Sams wrote: > On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 17:27, Bruno Baumg=E4rtner > wrote: > > Hi Tom > > > > I changed to Blue Griffon (downloads here: > > http://http://bluegriffon.org/). This new program has HTML5 and > > CSS3 included. Maybe you will give it a try? > > > > I think it is a travesty, that Quanta is not developped any longer. > > But obviously renewelling grafics and appearances every 6 month is > > more important than maintainig useful applications. I can not > > understand the KDE-Team for this decision. > Quanta is (or better was) an community developed Open Souce Project. > The maintainers > and developers of Quanta 3 stopped contributing and sadly noone was > found who would continue. This was defenitely not a "decision" by a > "KDE-Team". The plan was to create Quanta4 on the same base as > KDevelop4 - as both are IDEs. The good thing: some work was done. > There is eg. a stable php language support plugin for KDevplatform > (works with KDevelop4 and Quanta4). Many other plugins exist like > ruby, css, html/xml, xdebug etc. but none of those had a stable > release. > = > for more information read this: > http://milianw.de/blog/quanta-gsoc-midterm-evaluation > = > Niko t looks like they bit off more than they can chew. Note that in the post written 07/08/2010 the author "hopes" to have something done "next year at latest". "Next year" was 2011 and it is almost over. I w= ish the author had listened to the users and simply ported Quanta to KDE4/Qt4 as is. Then features could be added. Programmers (I was one decades ago tend to get carried away with the technology and forget aobut the mission. = I went to the bluegriffon site but unfortunately the simplest version of the program, a tarball of the source, is not available. I use Slackware and I am capable to unzip, untar, ./configure, make and make install. I have written to Bluegriffon honcho and asked for such a tarball. I tried the rpm version but it asked for libraries that I already have. = Does Bluegriffon ahve the equivalent of the VPL editor included in Quanta 3.5? -- = John Culleton Free list of books for self-publishers: http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html "Create Book Covers with Scribus" http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta