List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Opening a file from a windows network share
From:       Ruben Ordonez <rordonez () camsoftcorp ! com>
Date:       2010-09-21 19:09:11

  Hello Niko

I am using Kubuntu 10.04
KDE version 4.4.2.
Kate 3.4.2
Quanta + 3.5
sudo mount -t smbfs //192.168.0.1/Inetpub /media/Inetpub -o
username=ruben@camsoft,password=***,rw,uid=1000,guid=1000

On 09/20/2010 12:24 AM, Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please answer a few questions:
> - which distribution +version do you use?
> - which kde, kate and quanta version do you use?
> - how do you mount the share?
>
> Niko
>
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 01:29, Ruben Ordonez<rordonez@camsoftcorp.com>  wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > This may be a newbie linux question.  I have mounted a windows network
> > share in my linux box using smb.  I can use kate or openoffice word
> > processor and I am able to open the file and save.  However when I try
> > to open the file in Quanta I get a read access error.  Any information
> > on what might be the cause would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Ruben Ordonez
> > Applications Engineer CamSoft Corporation

Ruben Ordonez
Applications Engineer
CamSoft Corporation

The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential and protected \
from disclosure. This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic \
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§  2510-2521. It may or not contain \
information from multiple parties. To protect the disclosure and or copyrights of all \
involved parties you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or \
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this \
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and \
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. CamSoft Corporation.