List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Congrats Milian
From:       David Brooke <davemgv8 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-03 23:35:18

On Sunday 02 May 2010 04:32:22 genericmaillists@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a request for the new developer. I used to use Quanta when I
> was using KDE 3.5.X. At some point in one of the upgrades on my distro
> it became unstable. I switched over to using Kate. Kate used to have
> really good tools for HTML. After moving to KDE 4.X.X Kate lost the
> HTML tools and Quanta has been absent.
>
> I have been using Vim now and it has really strong customization for
> anything. I have Vim setup with a lot of HTML tools it is much better
> and faster then Quanta ever was when I used to use it. Not knocking
> Quanta. It was good and I used it for 6 years.
>
> Please work toward letting Quanta behave like Vim AND Emacs. Don't
> want to start a flame war. Or at least have heavy customization
> available.
>
> If Quanta will actually come back and have heavy customization I will
> probably come back to it. If not, Vim works really well.

I'm happily using Quanta as a KDE3 legacy program under KDE4 on Slackware and
all I want is a Quanta that works under KDE4 directly.

My understanding is that Quanta and Kdevelop both use or used the Kate editor.
If I'm right and there is a Vim or Emacs mode for Kate then people can use
that but if not then please don't change the editor - leave that to the editor
developers. I could use Kate for all my html editing but I'm lazy and want the
code completion plus project awareness that quanta has under kde3.

--
David Brooke