List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta crash upon PHP file open when including
From:       Ron Brogden <slave () codegrunt ! com>
Date:       2010-02-10 18:03:48

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 10:51:56 pm Niko Sams wrote:
> Quanta3 is dead; it's very unlikely that someone will fix your bug.
> Unfortunately Quanta4 is not
> yet alive - but there is another option - use KDevelop4 with Php
> support - that is working pretty good
> and the php features are much more advanced than for Quanta3.
> See this post:
>  http://nikosams.blogspot.com/2009/11/web-development-and-kde4.html

Howdy and thanks for the note.  I believe that I actually saw your post
previously while searching for alternative options to Quanta.

I have actually given KDevelop an initial try.  On the surface (at least in
the 3.9.95 version that comes with Kubuntu 9.10) it does not have an
equivalent to Quanta's PHP project view.  It's projects are C centric and it
does not seem possible to get past the demands for a build environment so as
to have a nice project file tree like Quanta (which is the only core feature I
need missing from Kate).  I can survive using an external sFTP program and
manually running "php -l" but losing the file tree is a killer.

If that is the reality, I am not sure what benefits Kdevelop offers right now
over just using Kate on its own?

Cheers,

Ron

--