List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Who wants to move Quanta forward?
From:       Sam Allen <dev () atshop3d ! com>
Date:       2009-12-05 13:22:13

On 05/12/09 02:04, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Andras, et al.
>   Here is my call to developers, whoever is still following the list:
> would you be interested to do it?

Count me in. I am proficient in C, GTK, HTML/CSS, PHP and MySQL.

I haven't looked at Qt lately, but I'm confident it wouldn't take long
to pick it up again.
>   Let me make it clear, this is not for those who want money and do the
> "job" for the money. This is for those who would like to work on Quanta
> (or already do on some parts of it). It is a reward for the work. It is
> a stimulus package. :)
>   For example maybe you are a student and have to do some
> afternoon/evening/weekend job to get some money. You could spend your
> time on hacking instead now. Or something similar.

At the moment, I don't have any money I could put in, although I can
easily spend a few hours per week writing code since I use Quanta
(3.5.1) just about every day.

However I'm not interested in doing it for any payment -- simply
improving Quanta is enough for me.

I'm happy enough just to hack on it.
>   It wouldn't be much as I said. But if it starts to work, I'm sure the
> big community will support us from time to time. It did in the past, and
> looking at the other projects (Krita, Amarok for example), it still
> works.
>
> Thanks for listening,
> Andras

--Sam