List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Goodbye
From:       Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2009-11-02 22:55:10

I had a silly idea but I don't think it worked

In the plugins configuration it has a place to put in the location of
whatever file it is. I have a fully functional Kubuntu 8.04/KDE 3.5.10
on another drive. I tried using the location thing to lead to the files
necessary on the other drive. Quanta says that the path is not valid.

Anyone have a notion why I shouldn't be able to use the KDE 3.x files
located on that drive?

Ian Smith wrote:
> I have just installed Opensuse 11.2 RC2, and the kdewebdev3 doesn't
> seem to include all the plugins that it used to. Do I remember
> rightly, that kfilereplace was part of that. There is a new
> stand-alone kfilereplace, but it's not compatible with Quanta.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers
> Ian
>
> 2009/11/1 marbux <marbux@gmail.com <mailto:marbux@gmail.com>>
>
>     On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM,  <rooksy@gmail.com
>     <mailto:rooksy@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > maybe its a debian thing, i too have perfectly functional quanta
>     on KDE 4 on
>     > F11 (upgraded from 10 and that from 9) . BTW I think KDE4 is a
>     fantastic
>     > desktop manager if the machine has a bit of grunt. I struggled
>     until I "got"
>     > the desktop widgets but now I wouldn't go back no way.
>
>     Could be; I tested on Kubuntu 9.04, which is Debian-based. But in any
>     event, I don't have time to struggle until I "get" the desktop
>     widgets. Mine is a production machine.
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     Paul
>
>     --
>     Universal Interoperability Council
>     <http:www.universal-interop-council.org
>     <http://www.universal-interop-council.org>>

Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
just pee on it and walk away

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop