List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Nature...
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-01 10:04:44

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 02:16, Paul Lemmons <paul@lemmons.name> wrote:
> "In Nature anything that stand still gets eaten"
>
> I am afraid that if Quanta does not start at least walking it will get eaten
> by Kdevelop+Perl -Plug-in, Eclipse+PDT or some other more active and
> livelier projects and lose what user base it has left. I love Quanta but I
> am not willing to "stand still" in KDE3 for it. Today, with sadness I
> installed Eclipse.  I don't like it as well but it does work and it is
> moving forward.
>
> I really appreciate all that Eric , Andras and other have done. I recognize
> their personal sacrifice of money, time, effort and energy. I have used
> Quanta for many years and have financially supported the development. It now
> appears to have but a single developer (Eric) and his attention is
> elsewhere(kommander)...
>
> ... I can hear the brush rustling... it sounds hungry... now would be a good
> time to take some action...

Yes - Quanta3 is dead and will never stand up again.
But - long live Quanta4 - a rewrite based on kdevplatform.
Currently it's better to use kdevelop + php-plugin (a beta release
will follow the next days) as Quanta4 is not ready.
Support for other web languages is not there - we need help for that...

Niko