List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Goodbye
From:       marbux <marbux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 19:18:06

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Niko Sams <niko.sams@gmail.com> wrote:

> kdevelop 4 beta 6 + the first beta of the php plugin will release soon.
> If you use php you might want to try it - as it's much better than quanta 3.
> (or you wait for a stable release that will take it's time)

"Better" depends on one's viewpoint. From the screen grabs, I'd hazard
a guess that it would take me months to get back up to speed.

The absolute showstoppers for me are the kde/Qt 4 dependencies.
<http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/requirements>.
I need look at kdevelop no farther. I'm not along for the ride on KDE
4.

Don't want to leave the impression that I'm not grateful for the
fantastic work on Quanta 3.x. Helluva program. But I've got way more
important things to do with my time than to cope with KDE 4.

Best regards,

Paul

--
Universal Interoperability Council