List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Not Loading
From:       Andreas Plank <andreas-plank () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-03-05 10:25:04

Ryan-138 wrote:

>         I can only get quanta to run as a su - .
>
>         When I try to load it through the icon I get nothing.
>
>         When I try to do it as a normal user in the terminal I get this:
>
> [rspinuz@ADMINISTRATOR ~]$ quanta
> kbuildsycoca running...
> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::initiateDrag(QWidget *) to
> QuantaApp::slotTabDragged(QWidget*)
> KCrash: Application 'quanta' crashing...
> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.
> [..]
>              Can Any one help me please?
>
>                                   Thank You, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I had the same problem  after I played around with different window modes
and than it crashed every time  I want to restart. I "solved" it by renaming
'quantarc' to '_quantarc' in my home directory ~/.kde/share/config/quantarc.
Then quanta can be restarted, but has of course no specified user settings.
Maybe you can replace later some parts of the new quantarc file with the old
file _quantarc. It seems no complete solution, but it works.

Andreas