List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta and xhtml
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-07-08 22:43:31

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 7:50:17 am John Culleton wrote:
> Many books now tout xhtml and css in combination as the web design
> formats of the future.  However at first glance Q+ is still oriented
> to html.  The templates that "come with" are all html oriented.
>
> I wonder if anyone would care to cmment on the plans for Q+ with
> respect to xhtml?

All other comments notwithstanding Quanta handles virtually any DTD strictly.
If you have the relevant DTEP it reads your DTD and adjusts. If you do not
have a required XML DTD in DTEP form but your document correctly points to it
then Quanta will go online and get it and construct the DTEP on the fly for
tagging auto completion in that DTD. You can even manually edit a DTEP for
tag dialogs for XML or PHP. So to answer your question AFAIK there is no
other editor close to these capabilities that is not Java based.

As for what is available for templates you can make your own and we have a
global communicty sharing capability built into Quanta. Try right clicking on
things. If people don't want to contribute it may be because it's so hard to
nail down a generalized template in such a diverse area. We write and
maintain the program. We don't see why we should spend precious C++ developer
time creating templates when any of our thousands of users could step up and
volunteer. Are you offering? ;-)

I'm sure if you dig in and also look through the docs you will be very
impressed with the technical abilities even if the packaging isn't as flashy
as if we were retailing it and adding bells and whistles that were primarily
fluff most of our users would ignore.

Note also that the templates can be local to a project, everything can be
scripted and we even have a script based GUI tool in Kommander that can
enhance Quanta. If you have the 3.5.9 version have a look at the attached
TemplateMagic program. Enjoy!

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module

["TemplateMagic.kmdr" (application/x-kommander)]
["TemplateMagic.kmdr.info" (text/plain)]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type=text/xsl href=info.xsl ?>
<!DOCTYPE QuantaScriptInfo>
<INFO>
<options editor="kmdr-editor" interpreter="kmdr-executor" />
<name>TemplateMagic.kmdr</name>
<author>Eric Laffoon</author>
<email>eric@kdewebdev.org</email>
<website>http://kdewebdev.org</website>
<version>0.2</version>
<license>GPL-2</license>
<about>This Template Magic enables the creation of custom fields in a template. You \
can create text, combo, color and other fields and as many as you want. During page \
insertion when run through a filter this will enter your content into the fields. \
Since this is Kommander you can easily extend and enhance it with point and click in \
the Kommander editor.</about> </INFO>