List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 1000+ file project load times?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-25 18:43:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 23 May 2008, Niko Sams wrote:
> - no adding files to the project
> - no project file with an entry for every individual project file
> - user specifys a project directory, an ignore mask and that's it
> - quanta should automatically detect new files and show them

We discussed this and I'm not opposed to the idea. As I understood it
would work with a backlist instead of a whitelist. Whatever is not
backlisted (concrete name, wildcards, mimetype or so) is in the project
as soon as you copy it in the project directory.
There is the question how to store upload information, but well, you
ported the upload code to Quanta4, so you can think about it.:)

Andras