List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] is it possible to compare your file with the "remote"
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-25 18:25:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Jordi Moles Blanco wrote:
> Well, the thing is... sometimes i need to compare the "local" version
> with the "online" version before i upload the local version. Is it
> possible to do that with quanta? I've installed "kompare", but as far
> i've seen, i can't compare a "local" file with one located in a
> external server through the ftp protocol.

Sincerely I don't know if kompare works for remote files or not. It is
used in Quanta if a file was modified outside the editor, but it is not
used to compare the uploaded files with the local ones.
To do this, you would need to either try kompare as a standalone app, or
write some script that does the comparision and displays the result in
the standard output. You can configure Quanta to run this script on a file
or the full project and see the result in the message output view.

Andras