List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta and CPU/Memory consumption
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-05-21 6:28:52

On Wed, 21 May 2008 16:09:35 James Ellis wrote:
> I'll try the file extension mask to see if that helps things as well. I do
> know that one of my projects stores generated images without file
> extensions, though.

As far as I understand, it is not really a file extension mask, but rather a
filter - so you can match any part of a file (for example, say all your
generated images had the name "generated_image_1", "generated_image_icon",
etc you could match "generated_image_*").

It might not match, but could be useful if the files you want to exclude
match, and others don't (don't use *image* in the filter if you have a
my_image_generator.php in your project, as it will match too)

> All my projects use Bazaar for version control and release management is
> done via Bazaar on a testing system then to a production system. For some
> projects where I am the only developer the bzr upload plugin is used to
> sync changed files with a site via FTP.

Perhaps you don't really need the project management, as Erik suggested.  Just
use the File Tree and add a new Top Level Folder (Click the Files icon just
above the project icon (looks like a computer), right click in a blank spot
in the panel, and select "New Top Level Folder"), and browse your way there.

I tend to use projects for this task - even though I use subversion to publish
my projects, because of the filters, I got used to using projects when I did
not know about the adding of a new top level folder - hey I jumped right in
without reading the documentation - just like everyone else I think)

I cannot think of anything projects give you other then filters and upload
management... and I just noted that cvs works with top level folders
anyway :-)

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer