List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] encouragement
From:       Nico Meijer <lists () familiemeijer ! org>
Date:       2008-05-20 12:58:24

Hey James,

Going OT fersure. Sorry about that and besides: nothing personal...

> I'll take this as a sideways jab at my questions about Quanta's CPU /
> memory usage. It always amuses/frustrates me when a developer of a
> product gets frustrated when people ask pointy questions of their
> product. This is generally based on an assumption that the user is an
> idiot for not having done what you would have done or not having the
> same thought patterns as you.

The way I took it was quite different.

As I saw it happen, out of the blue you wrote a bit of a lengthy mail
about Quanta 'misbehaving' without specifying any information about your
software environment, what version of Quanta you were using and what it
was you had tried to remedy any problem that might cause this behaviour
and/or test on another computer/architecture. It looked liked you just
assumed it was Quanta's fault and demanded your money back.

You could have been running a fubared FrankenBSD 0.0.1rc3 for all we know.

If that was indeed the case, that was quite rude. Eric can't read your
mind, probably. Talk about assumptions.

Anyway, I might be mistaken. I might remember some other poor chap's
ramblings and mixed it up with you. Sorry 'bout that then.

Oh well, keep smiling... Nico :-)

P.S. My sincere thanks aswell and hats off to all Quanta developers /
contributers.