List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] css click and view :)
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-05-06 20:52:05

On Tuesday 06 May 2008 11:56:34 am Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know this particular DW feature and have no idea how this
> could be integrated
> in the an editor.

One inherent limitation of the 3x design of Quanta was CSS integration. For
instance Quanta can use the parser to list PHP variables in include files and
show them in the structure tree. CSS editing was developed independently and
while the editor works nicely in context, and one would not want to
inadvertently edit a stylesheet while working on a page, it was never fully
integrated. So as a result it's not possible to follow back CSS through
linked pages. That should be incorporated internally in the DTEP and the
parser similar to how it is with PHP.

This was one of those things we couldn't get done while fixing bugs and
adhering to the desktop release schedule. I've long considered we should be
on an independent release schedule so we can plan and finish what we want to.
As it happens we are now because of the decision I agree to (which I don't
regret) to use the KDevelop platform. Unfortunately as I thought might be the
case it is delaying a KDE4 release, but I hope it will prove worth the wait.

Andras and I have to discuss when we think we can have a KDE4 release, but
it's going to be months of hard work away. If anyone wants to offer to patch
some of the small shortcomings in the 3x version I'd consider a special
release, but I'd much prefer to discuss and decide on the developer list.

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module