List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Which Quanta? - RESOLVED
From:       Donald D Henson <wepin () wepin ! com>
Date:       2007-12-27 13:36:43

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules

Andrew Lowe wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 December 2007 03:12:35 Donald D Henson wrote:
>
>> It seems that I have two Quanta+ applications installed, both Version
>> 3.9.0. In the Gnome gui application menu, one is labeled "Web
>> Development Environment" and the other is labeled "IDE for Web
>> Development". First, is this your problem or is it OpenSuSE's (10.3)
>> problem. If yours, is there any difference between the two? Should I
>> delete one or the other? Which one?
>>
>> Don Henson

> It seems your system is very strange, Quanta is only up to version 3.5.8.
>
> It also seems as if your system has just made two links to quanta.  It would
> not matter which entry you remove if they both work.
>
> I would definately  say the fault lies wih the distro
>
> Andrew Lowe
Strange indeed. I never made that connection. Perhaps I'm getting a
quick look into the future. :-) I just checked again. The version number
displayed in 'About Quanta' is definitely 3.9.0.I also checked out the
installed package description in the SuSE software installer. It shows:

     kde4-quanta (3.93.0.svn712063)
     Web Development Environment

Just below that is:

     kdewebdev3 (3.5.7)
     KDE Web Development Suite (Quanta, KLinkStatus, ...)

I think I just solved the mystery of two Quantas. I removed kde4-quanta.
I now have only one Quanta+ in my menu AND I can now access the  help
system. Bottom line? Pay attention to what your are installing.

Thanks for responding. It was when I was responding to your responses
that I discovered the solution to two problems.

Don Henson