List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Sponsorship help needed for Andras!!
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-01 2:27:14

Hi all,
first my apologies for not having been on the list for a while. Last year I
had health issues and wasn't here much. This year I have been working like
crazy to make up for everything I could not do last year and trying to expand
my business. I hate asking for help, but Andras is sponsored full time on
Quanta and does a great job fixing bugs and keeping everything working so
well we consistently win awards as best in class web development tool.

http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php is the web link to donate or sponsor.

I have not done any fund raisers for a while and as a result we have had few
donations. Sadly also our number of sponsors seems to have slowly trailed off
so that not many people are currently supporting the project.

For myself, I took on the extra responsibility of a retail store along with
our wholesale accounts, open markets and holiday shows. I got it at a
straight percentage so I am not losing my shirt, but the mall I am in has
been slow so I'm not getting rich yet. Anyway while returning from a show
three hours drive away I got the unpleasant surprise Sunday night of having
the engine go in our van. I hauled it home Monday and am having another
engine put in now. This is taking money I had earmarked to go to Andras. :-(
We do make a lot of money at the end of the year, but the way my luck has
been lately and as much as I owe Andras right now it seems I should make time
to do a fund raiser on the dot as well as post here. I won't have time to do
that fund raiser until next week. I'm also going to try to make time to read
mails here and answer questions too. I'm sorry, I've just been getting by on
2-5 hours of sleep a night and working well into the night. I think I'll get
rich enough soon to spend more time on my beloved open source projects... but
it's all sort of a haze at the moment. ;-) At least I'm healthy now!

Currently I'm taking in and paying out money like crazy and trying to complete
a database management system that unfortunately just got corrupted and lost
nearly two weeks work. It could be partly from being sleep deprived and
ignoring dialogs when shutting my system down, but I need this in place just
to know if I have any money left after the crazy shuffle. I have too much to
do to get to where I can free up some time. I could really use your help. Our
list members have been very helpful in the past. Now is a good time. I know
Andras would be happy if I could take care of his finances sooner rather than
later. If you can help then please do. If you can't then don't feel bad, but
keep in mind on a mailing list with over 500 people usually only one in 50
step up.

To all those who have supported our passion to build the ultimate web
development tool we thank you again for your support. To everyone else, enjoy
and know that we care about your experience with our software.

http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php is the web link to donate or sponsor.

My best to all,
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader