List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Issues with fish kioslave
From:       Chris Dunning <chris () bluenoteweb ! com>
Date:       2007-10-31 16:31:31

Chris Dunning wrote:
> Paul Lemmons wrote:
>
>> Have you tried "fish://user@domain/home/user" ?
>>

> Paul, thanks for your reply.
>
> I have tried that format and it still won't let me in.  I see a
> directory listing from the root of the server or an error message.

Further updates to that - I tried again and paid closer attention to
what's going on.  If I choose to create a new top folder, then paste in
the full url fish://user@server/home/user, it appears that Quanta is
taking the following actions:
-connecting to server
-getting directory listing of server root
-showing me the listing of the server root
-getting directory listing of /home
-failing with an error message because permission is denied to access
/home, without trying to access /home/user.

I tried manually editing the quantarc file to put a top folder entry for
this directory and that works fine.

Looks like this may be more appropriate on the developer list - I'll
take it over there.

Thanks for your help!