List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Spell Check?
From:       Jerry <jerry.coover () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-29 0:53:27

I know this has been asked and I've followed the directions but still can't
get it to work. I have both "aspell" and "ispell" installed. I have
configured both that pass the configuration test (i.e., they get the green
check mark). Still I get the message that the spelling app may not be install
or the path is incorrect. I notice that in the configuration screen the other
plugins have "kde3" at the head of the path. I'm using gnome and don't have
KDE installed. I use a number KDE applications which work fine so I assume
that it's not necessary to have KDE installed. My paths for the two spelling
apps are /usr/libispell.la & /usr/libaspell.la. The paths to the executable
files are /usr/bin/ispell.exe and the same for aspell. I don't know which I
spelling app I should use or the correct path because there are so many
folders associated with the spelling applications. I could use some expert
instructions.