List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta using 90%+ CPU
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-07-21 7:39:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 July 2007, Vlad Blanton wrote:
> A number of people have posted these issues here in the past.  The
> usual response is: we are aware of the issue.  I've certainly
> experienced the issue myself as well.

Yes, and unfortunately it is (very) hard to fix... Just like some random
crashes.

Usually such slowness might appear when you have lot of  { } structures
in your file or there is some error in your file which "stresses" the
parser, because it tries to parse eg. as PHP code which is not PHP or
something like that.

Usually an example file and a way to reproduce the behavior raises the
chance to find the bug.

Andras