List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] DTD, Ctrl-D, proper indentation/highlighting
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-05-22 22:05:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 16:22:42 Sjoerd Westerterp wrote:
> While setting/changing the DTD for an open file is easy in Quanta, I
> haven't been able to find a simple menu option (or better, a keyboard
> shortcut) that just adds the current DTD string as text in a file being
> edited.

I do not believe this one exists - however your could probably script it (not
sure if there is a dcop entry for this), and create a custom action based on
the script

> Lastly, a little nuisance I hope to find a fix for: when creating a new
> file, only after saving it as (e.g) .php file can Quanta know what
> indentation/highlinghting to apply. But (why) do I have to close and
> reopen a file first before Quanta follows the extension's settings?

Tools->Highlighting->Scripts->PHP(HTML)
or any of the other appropriate options.

You can make this a shortcut on the toolbars - or create a keyboard shortcut.
I cannot remember the exact position of the toobar entry for highlighting -
it is called some thing different.

This was also discussed a while back - and several suggestions were made, I
dont have time right now to search the archive, but you could have a look for
highlighting in the mail list archive to find what you are looking for.

Also, if you use projects, and create the file from the project tool window
(right click, new file), it automatically determines the highlighting to use.
Also it may work from the files tool window (both on the left panel), but I
have not tried.

I hope this helps
--
Andrew Lowe