List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] flame risk
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-05-12 3:57:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I am assuming you cannot get your wireless network card to work, so you can \
 connect to a apache/php server in the "office"... if this is incorrect,
please indicate...

For learning php and html developement you want to setup your laptop to run \
 apache with php and probably mysql from the localhost (your laptop).

I quickly found a guide for setting this up on FreeBSD (your platform) \
                using
google: (Query: freebsd apache mysql php)
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/04/14/installing-web-server-in-freebsd-60-with-apache-22-mysql-50-and-php-5-part-5/

There are others, and I do not use FreeBSD, so could not tell you how
accurate/easy the guide really is, but it looks ok, and you can probably \
get  help from the FreeBSD support channels (irc, mail-list, etc) and \
probably get  more help then the Quanta list in this regard...

Anyway, once you have your Apache and PHP setup on your laptop, just put \
your  php documents in your apache web root (perhaps /var/www/).  You can \
then use  your php applications by opening a browser and connecting to \
localhost: http://localhost/

Hope this helps...
By the way... webdevelop questions probably belong on this list:
kdewebdev-webdeveloper@mail.kdewebdev.org.
as the quanta list is really for quanta specific questions....

wireless cards can be fun :-(.... with anything but windows (or maybe mac
osx)... Probably best to ask on the FreeBSD support channels, you are more
likely to get an answer there...

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer