List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] My Quanta wishlist...
From:       Peter Ford <pford () justcroft ! com>
Date:       2007-04-24 13:00:24

Hi,

I've been using Quanta for quite some time now as a PHP dev. environment: it's
the only (no cost) one I can find which does most of the things I want (SVN
integration, nice highlighting, upload management etc.)
But there are a couple of things I'm missing. May be the list could give a few
clues...

1. A proper macro system - ideally keystroke recording, but at the very least
some more documentation on the KMDR scripts and other scripting APIs, or
pointers to that documentation if it lies elsewhere.

2. Indentation and (ideally) code reformatting which actually handles PHP in
HTML nicely - what I'd like is the PHP blocks to be formatted independently of
the HTML without interrupting the flow of the HTML layout. I tend to lay code
out like this:

<?php
    foreach ($foo as $bar=>$baz)
    {
?>
<?php
    }
?>

This makes the source very readable, but also the generated HTML (makes
debugging the output easier too)

3. Documentation - it's a bit weak in places: I accept that some parts of Quanta
are actually other KDE projects, but where that is the case, at least give me a
link ... Actually that probably covers the points made above.

I'm also having trouble getting the PHP debugging to fly, but that's probably
'cos I haven't spent enough time at it yet.

For the record, I'm using KDE 3.5.1 and Quanta Plus 3.5.1 on SuSE 10. If I'm out
of date, that would be a useful answer too.

Cheers

--
Peter Ford, Developer                 phone: 01580 893333 fax: 01580 893399
Justcroft International Ltd.                              www.justcroft.com