List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Financial support Extremely Appreciated NOW!!!
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-12 17:47:09

On Sunday 08 April 2007 12:56 pm, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> Hi All,
> http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php

In case anyone is interested we saw one new sponsor and less than $100 in
total donations/sponsorship payments from this appeal. While we usually see
much more I do not want to hold an expectation or overtax those who have been
so very generous in the past. To those who contributed I want to express my
appreciation. I need to look at why I'm not getting the emails to send thank
you notes. But that's another story.

I should do a fund raising drive on the dot, but if anyone else feels a
compelling need to help financial support our sponsored development it would
still be very much appreciated. I personally have had great financial demands
lately and will not be in a position to cover shortfalls for the near term
future. We are definitely experiencing some financial discomfort at the
moment. While I appreciate a couple more contributors I hardly expect them to
address our full need.

I don't really enjoy fund raising, but we benefit greatly from having a full
time programmer. Nobody should feel pressured because helping to make a
project happen really is a fun thing and something you can feel good about.
Anyone else feel like it's their turn to step up?
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org