List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Documentation on toolbars
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-08 22:59:05

On Thursday 08 March 2007 1:40 pm, Børge Holen wrote:
> Would't this be a LOT of buttons, each statement has its own button.
> This is similar to the very bad idea of having a complete rundown on all
> the options to insert to a stylesheet. Imagine that! And for what it's
> worth, this last one would probably be more useful.
>
> OK maby I am a little negative on this whole subject, but there has to be a
> better reason for a php specific toolbar than statements. I'm only talking
> about the statements not the debug stuff.
>
> What about some sort of pulldown with pick the statement... or even like
> this _BEAUTIFUL_ table editor. preset a complete order of whats needed
> like:
>
> if{
> }else{
> }
>
> press insert and were at it.

This is aready easily done even by users...

1) Every PHP tag in the DTEP is actually the same basic tagxml as the HTML
tags. The only difference is that no attribute dialog is specified. You can
edit them and create attribute dialogs like the HTML has.

2) It's also quite easy to create insertion dialogs with Kommander and then
create an action on a toolbar to call up the dialog. Now you can do insertion
into the document as well as complex dialog design not possible with the
tagxml.

3) It's possible to take Kommander dialogs a step further using DCOP and
extract information from the page. I've used this to manage PHP functions
where it takes the line under the cursor, parses it and drops the parameter
values into the dialog fields.

Finally all of this can easily be shared with the community with KNewStuff.

Maybe I'll make up some of these as examples and put them in the NewStuff
respository.

Eric

--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader