List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] PHP+HTML, if statement openning jump
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-06 0:09:58

On Monday 05 March 2007 1:40 pm, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Mon March 5 2007 15:51, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> > Actually if you don't mind scripting you can do this in Quanta. It's a
> > matter of just writing some shell scripting and DCOP.
>
> I really have only bare bones programming skills, Eric. I appreciate your
> misplaced confidence, though! ;-)

This is where you get them or one of the other hundreds of people on the list
use theirs. That's how I got mine, figuring out how to do what I want. When I
read that David Faure (the author of KParts) wrote code by developing a
little, testing and then coding some more it gave me hope I could accomplish
something. I can take baby steps too. My experience as a professional web
developer was to say yes to what the customer wanted and then figure out how
to do it and what to charge. My experience running this project isn't much
different. It's just problem solving, which is best done by motivated people.

> > Whatever you arrive at can be put into a button on the toolbar. It can
> > also be shared with the community by submitting it from Quanta to our
> > global NewStuff respository... then people can download it from within
> > Quanta.
>
> This is one feature of Quanta+ that I haven't really explored. I think I
> interpreted it as a resource for real programmers.

cp file.a file.b

There. I'm a bash programmer. Now that I can program let's do something
useful. ;-)

> > This is what I had hoped would happen when we set this up is
> > to get a lot of useful scripts. You write one and 100 other of our
> > million users and how many useful things can you do now?
>
> I understand and agree!

Nobody disagrees... I just don't bang the drum enough. That or Quanta is good
enough.

> regards,
>
> Carl

np