List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.5.5 and number of simultaneous FTP connections
From:       "Jeffrey Sabarese" <core5fedora () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-10 14:46:09

On 2/4/07, Eric Laffoon <sequitur@kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 February 2007 5:30 am, Jeffrey Sabarese wrote:
> > We can rest assured that this is NOT a Quanta+ problem,

>a properly written FTP program may get an indication that
> the server is not getting the data that's being sent.
>
> This illustrates that the real problem is how poorly FTP is implemented by
> admins that don't really understand it to begin with.
<< SNIP >>
> This is why we recommend finding responsible hosting that will offer ssh/scp
> which allows the use of the fish KIO slave, or one of the other secure
> protocols like sftp where they have an admin that has a clue about
> administering a protocol.

Thank you for the enlightenment, and insight-- and patience w/ those
of us who just fell off the turnip truck (myself included).
;)

when i first realized one can "do FTP in the URL" like that-- i was
rather shocked, amazed, and a little paranaoid about it all
thereafter.

(musing to self: i wonder what would have been had the Users been
required; presumed to understand, and use SSH?)