List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Configuration Questions . . .
From:       Jason Flatt <jason () flattfamily ! com>
Date:       2007-02-09 20:49:05

Hello, all.

I have been using Qunata+ as basically a glorified text editor for some time.
Following a few recent promptings, I decided to see what all I could do with
it and to make it more of a IDE than I have been using it for.  I have run
into a few problems, however, that I cannot seem to find answers to, after
searching the Website, mail list and Internet, and I'm hoping someone (or
several someones) here can point me in the right direction.

1) Documentation tab. There are two things there that I would like to change.
  A) One is the sort order.  I would like the documents listed in A-Z order,
and it seems as though they are sorted in Z-A order.  Someone else mentioned
this some time ago on this list, but never got an answer.  I tried manually
editing the ~/.kde/share/config/quantarc file, but Qunata reordered the files
again.
  B) I would like the document list to initially just show the documents,
rather than also showing their chapters.

2) Quote mark "help". Is there a way to disable the quote helpers w/o
disabling other helping features? I have tried to get used to it, but I find
I still spend a lot of time correcting errors generated by this "feature".

3) PHP syntax checking.  Maybe I don't totally get what is meant by syntax
checking in Quanta, and maybe it's just only available for HTML, but it seems
to me that when I am typing PHP code, the syntax checking is not working.
Quanta does offer to help with PHP functions, but doesn't let me know when
I'm missing characters, or when I have extra characters, etc.

Thank you for any help and guidance you can provide.

--
Jason Flatt
Father of Six:  http://www.flattfamily.com/ (Joseph, 13; Cramer, 11; Travis,