List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] template uploading
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-12-23 8:17:44

On Friday 22 December 2006 11:58 pm, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> I uploaded a template...just curious where it ended up and if there's
> a list somewhere.
>
> ./xhtml/test.html

Hi Anthony,
the uploaded files go to an area where an admin processes them into the system
and exposes them. Andras will do this.

This is one of the shortcomings of KStuff we addressed. Josef's initial design
had no security. We added some security features which were adopted by the
main KStuff tree. My next goal is to incorporate user accounts in the
process, which is not currently possible. This will enable trust levels and
trusted core users can directly input to the repository. This will also ease
admin duties. I even laid out a plan for a tunable trust determination system
that could upgrade or revoke automatically... Feature freezes... (shudder) We
will get this into KDE4.

BTW thanks for inputting. I thought this was the greatest idea since sliced
cheese and after all our delays it seems this is just too revolutionary an
idea for many people to find and use. I really appreciate your taking the
initiative and I wish more people would. Having a lot of resources available
would be a seriously cool feature. I think I will need to do an article on it
to stimulate use though.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org