List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] quantarc 'List of autosaved/backedup files'
From:       Chris van de Wouw <chrisje () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-11-02 8:18:23

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 19:52, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 October 2006 12:05, Chris van de Wouw wrote:
> > I retested this with quantarc removed (renamed), to start completely
> > clean. At first I thought it gave exactly the same behaviour. In
> > fact, the autosaved list gets bigger and bigger, even if I close the
> > new files, without saving them.
> > In the backuped list, entries now _are_ removed from the list, also
> > the duplicates.
> >
> > I think reproduction should be very easy;
> >
> >  - start quanta with no quantarc
> >  - quanta automatic starts with a new file, fill it with some content
> >  - open several new files and fill them.
> >  - monitor quantarc.
> >  - open new files and check quantarc again
> >  - close some new files (without saving) and check quantarc again
>
> I'm really mad about this bug, I was sooo happy that I finally fixed for
> 3.5.5. I will try to reproduce it, but please give me some details
> about your file system (do you use symlink for home dir, for example?
> What is /media/sda7? Are there symlinks there?).
>
> Andras

Hi Andras,

I can understand getting mad about a bug that just doesn't go away (or at
least, it seems so)

/media/sda7 is a partition of my sata drive, mounted on /dev/sda7
My home directory is on the main partition, but with the following simlink
webdev -> /media/sda7/webdev/

But I also did the following test, which - in my opinion - shows it has
nothing to do with the filesystem.

I tried to do a test as clean as possible. No projects, no nothing

- I opened a session with an almost unused useraccount.
- removed .kde/share/config/quantarc
- removed .kde/share/apps/quanta/
- started quanta
- type some random stuff in the editor (dont save!)
- click on the 'new' button.
- type some random stuff in the editor (dont save!)
- wait a 5 minutes

See quantarc1.gz to see what happened. Both backedup and autosaved list
already have multiple entries.

- close quanta (do not save anything)

quantarc2.gz shows the result after closure. the list of backedup files is now
empty, but the autosaved list is not.

If these exact steps dont give the same result, I maybe need to try to
reinstall quanta.

grtz,

Chris

["quantarc1.gz" (application/x-gzip)]