List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Code Folding and Bracket Highlighting
From:       Don Harden <harden () gsu ! edu>
Date:       2006-10-12 16:48:45

Hi All,

I am using Quanta 3.5.3 and KDE 3.5.3-0.2fc4 from RedHat FC4 RPMs

While working on a new PHP project I've noticed a couple of issues with
code folding an bracket highlighting.

1)  If a section of code is folded  bracket highlighting no longer works
correctly (file size and number of lines doesn't seem to matter).

// No code folding anywhere
if($Boy == 'Fred') {                        <== Clicking this bracket
    if($Girl == 'Sally') {
       echo " Fred likes Sally";
    }
}      <=== Highlights this Bracket  // Life is good

// Code folding some place else in the file
if($Boy == 'Fred') {                        <== Clicking this bracket
    if($Girl == 'Sally') {
       echo " Fred likes Sally";
    }
}      <=== Does NOT highlight this bracket

2)  Bracket highlighting doesn't work over several hundred lines of code
whether any code is folded or not.

// No code folding anywhere
if($Boy == 'Fred') {                        <== Clicking this bracket
    if($Girl == 'Sally') {
        A Few hundred lines of code.
       echo " Fred marries Sally";
    }
}      <=== Does NOT highlight this bracket

Any ideas for corrections or workarounds?  I searched the archives for
these issues but did not find anything relevant.  Sorry if I missed the
answers.

Don

--
Don Harden                       harden@Gsu.EDU
Department of Chemistry          564 NSC