List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Project Preview Confusion
From:       Sion Pennant <sion.pennant () powys ! gov ! uk>
Date:       2006-09-27 9:10:40

Dydd Mercher 27 Medi 2006 03:47 - ysgrifennodd Jeffrey Sabarese:
> I would do as you described-- using a prefix such as :
> http://mydomain/  or http://localhost/~myuser/public_html/mysite/ --
> but it never "stuck" (ie. every time i'd try the preview, it would be
> as i first described-- w/ the FTP protocol, and i'd look back in the
> project properties -- although my settings were there as i've shown
> above using the http prefix, the line was un-checked and "grayed-out"
> (i think even truncated).

Hmmm... Can't explain that. However, I believe that all the project settings
are stored in the <projectname>.webprj file which is in the root directory of
the project. Was there any chance that this file was being manually
overwritten with an older version??

Just for interest, the setup we use is as follows:

All development work is done on a remote development box, and i set up a
project in Quanta using sFTP / Fish (which are secure alternatives to FTP). I
must admit that I do not use the Preview facility - all PHP development we do
is for a CMS - so all development is purely PHP - no HTML. I use a number of
web browsers: Konqueror, Firefox, Opera for previewing / testing output.

For publishing to the live environment, I simply use sFTP / Fish protocols
from Konqueror. You can set up publishing profiles within a Quanta project -
I don't use it, I'm afraid  ;-) however it does have some useful features
such as the ability to upload only files that have been amended, etc.

--
Sion Pennant
Arweinydd Tim Datblygu'r We

Mae'r e bost hwn ac unrhyw atodiad iddo yn gyfrinachol ac fe'i
bwriedir ar gyfer y sawl a enwir arno yn unig. Gall gynnwys
gwybodaeth freintiedig. Os yw wedi eich cyrraedd trwy gamgymeriad
ni ellwch ei gopio, ei ddosbarthu na'i ddangos i unrhyw un arall a
dylech gysylltu gyda Cyngor Sir Powys ar unwaith.

Mae unrhyw gynnwys nad yw'n ymwneud gyda busnes swyddogol Cyngor
Sir Powys yn bersonol i'r awdur ac nid yw'n awdurdodedig gan y
Cyngor.

This e mail and any attachments are confidential and intended for
the named recipient only. The content may contain privileged
information. If it has reached you by mistake, you should not copy,
distribute or show the content to anyone but should contact Powys
County Council at once.

Any content that is not pertinent to Powys County Council business
is personal to the author, and is not necessarily the view of the
Council.