List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Last minute request to users for aKademy help
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-18 9:21:38

Hi all,
I hate to do this, but I'm freaking out just a little bit. Actually our
largest sponsor is due for his several month deposit, but he travels a lot
and being so busy I realized for the first time I was really late requesting
the transfer. Hopefully he will be in this week. For my personal finances, my
business income is up, but our business expense is up higher than at any time
before. So all the money coming in is going out faster than it's coming in.
All this reverses by October when the holiday rush has me making most of my
income for the year in three months time. Of course I'll be back home by then
and it won't help during the conference. :-(

Not only do I want to transfer as much cash as possible to the guys in Dublin
to avoid transfer fees I am just generally paranoid about some unexpected
expense. As it happens my cash reserves are down quite low. I do hope to get
some response to an article that should post on the dot about Kommander soon,
but thinking of getting on a plane shortly has my anxiety up a bit as we have
not seen many donations outside of sponsorships for the last several months.
If I weren't so busy... Usually we get a little bump here and we need it this
year.

I really do hate to ask for money and if I had more reserves I wouldn't, but
I'm even more uncomfortable at the moment not asking. If you are in a
position to chip in a few dollars/Euros for the developers at our annual
conference it would be very much appreciated.

http://kdewebdev.org/donate.php

Thanks for your patience and hopefully everything will fall into place like it
usually does and I'll be able to relax, have fun and keep my stress low.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org