List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Slow Response in Quanta -- New Info
From:       Robert Tilley <tilleyrw () cfl ! rr ! com>
Date:       2006-09-04 12:12:10

My Kubuntu "Dapper Drake" 6.0.6 box is a Dell Dimension 2350, 2.2 GHz, 512
megs RAM.

The file "~/.kde/share/config/quantarc" was deleted with rm.  Quanta was then
opened with default parameters.  Preliminary testing is that Quanta speeds up
after removing the config file "quantarc".  Afterwards, Quanta returns to
what I assume is normal speed.  (It's been so long since Quanta has been
truly responsive...)

A new file is open and ready for editing.  After opening a tag and pressing
<spacebar>, a pop-up appears with a list of possible attributes.  This is
normal.  Upon pressing the escape key, a duration of two seconds occurs
before the pop-up list disappears.  This is a serious block to fast typing.

After changing some of the default settings (who uses a tab spacing of 8?  2
spaces is what I was taught in typing class...), Quanta begins to slow.  It
is gradual at first, but if anything is changed from the default (if quantarc
is changed at all), it starts to slow.

I can't work without setting some parameters such as tab spacing, insert
spaces for tabs, etc.  What could be the problem?

Thanks, Bob
--
Carson's Consolation:
	Nothing is ever a complete failure.