List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Strange Behavior on Web Site
From:       Jerry <jerry.coover () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-31 20:05:38

I can't make sense of this but I hope I can describe it. This just started a
day or so ago. First, I'm running Quanta 3.5.2 (kde 3.5.2), on Ubuntu. I use
GNOME 2.14.3, and I use browsers Firefox, Konqueror, WindowXP & Netscape (the
latter two on a win machine). I also use HTMLKIT, latest version, on the Win
machine, occassionally

Okay, here's what's going on. I make my web page additions and corrections
using Quanta. then save to the host server. When I pull up the web page on
any of the browsers. the web page editing does not appear. After several
tries, yesterday, the corrections did appeared. Today, I have the same
problem with the changes not showing. Now., here's the really strange thing:
When I use gftp or smartFTP (on Windows) to access the files on the host
server, the changes do not appear but they do on the web page that I changed
yesterday. I notice that there are two http folders with identical site names
on the server. I changed the index.php name on one to see if what it would
do; It prevented loading the web site. Then I tried the same file in the
other http folder. I suspect that one of the duplicate http folders is a
backup.

Does anybody have an idea what's going on and how I fix it? Has anybody had
this happen in their experience?

Jerry