List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Is Quanta the right tool for me?
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2006-07-19 11:19:57

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 12:55, Thibaut Cousin wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   For more than two years, I've been using Quanta for my web design. It was
> very simple and I didn't use much of Quanta's features : just manually
> typing static HTML, uploading to my server through SSH. All in all, I used
> Quanta as an overgrown text editor and was happy with it. ;)
>
>   Now I'm switching to a full PHP/MySQL solution. I will have only a five
> or six HTML templates, and the content of the pages will be in the
> database.

I've been pondering that same problem, came out deciding on letting the
different projects decide witch go where.

>   In his new scenario, is Quanta still the good tool for me? The problem
> is, all HTML/PHP code I type must not be saved to a file, but to the
> database. Can Quanta help me with that?

No, not what I've seen.

>   After a bit of search, it seems that the answer is no. But if anyone has
> suggestions about using Quanta in this new context...
>   Regards,

Clean text or simple <a href solutions... I guess it doesn't matter.
Larger project with heavy development; forget the database for other than
storage data.

I'm developing 5 sites, and only one of them plus a + test site runs more from
the database . That works, but skeleton file is still needed to fetch data,
like a blog or ...
So quanta is a good tool, but for text I guess a textarea would do fine.

Børge