List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] idea
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-30 6:42:15

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 3:05 am, Onno Timmerman wrote:
> I got the following idea...
>
> Is your project grows it gets more and more difficult to find your
> folders and files. Especialy when you looking for a related file to your
> current file you are editing.
>
> So I would like to propose that Quanta looks up to what the related
> files are and put those in the rightbar. There should be two ways one
> dynamicly. Quanta looks to wich files you open each time you have a
> certain file open and guesses wich file are most likly related.
> Second, Quanta looks simple to include require statements and but the
> files that are required in a apart block in the right bar.
>
> Thansx

Hey if you can figure out the perfect smart algorithm I'll buy you lunch! This
is one of those ideas I love, but have doubts about accomplishing. In the
mean time we do have project views where you can save and recall groups of
files at the same time. I recommend making the view toolbar open by default
because it's so nice to handle this functionality. It takes a little effort,
but it never guesses wrong. ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org